As part of its Industrial Strategy, the government recently announced a National Productivity Investment Fund (NPIF) to support an additional 1000 PhD studentships to start on 1 October 2017. The Northern Bridge Doctoral Training Partnership (NBDTP) and Northumbria-Sunderland Consortium in Art and Design (N-SC) have jointly secured 12 awards, funded by the AHRC, to support research in the two areas identified by AHRC as the focus of these awards: Design and The Creative Sector.
- If you are considering applying for one of these studentships, you must first consult the AHRC NPIF Guidance.
- Prospective Supervisor-led route applicants must also consult the list of AHRC NPIF Research Fields and e-mail the relevant supervisor as soon as possible.
- Prospective Applicant-led route applicants must e-mail the relevant lead academic contact with an expression of interest (see Guidance Notes) by Wednesday 7 June at 5:00pm.
Before they begin to complete the AHRC NPIF Application Form, potential applicants must have made contact with a member of academic staff at one of the five universities. If permitted to proceed with an application, they must complete Section A of the form by Monday 19 June at 5:00pm.
Briefings for potential applicants, academic staff and partners will be held
- at Queen’s University Belfast on Tuesday 6 June from 5:00pm to 7:00pm in GRS/01/014 (Training Room 8), on the first floor of The Graduate School, and
- at Northumbria University on Monday 12 June from 5:00pm to 7:00pm in the Foyer of the School of Design, City Campus East (CCE) 2. Please email email@example.com to confirm you will attend the Northumbria University event.
The deadline by which Departments/Schools are to submit completed application forms (including Section B) is Friday 30 June at 5:00pm.
For inquiries, contact either:
Northumbria-Sunderland Consortium in Art and Design Administrator
Northern Bridge Doctoral Training Partnership Administrator